Marathon Mom

Marathon Mom
The FAB FOUR...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tribute to Kaya

Kaya
You have been the best dog I could ever ask for.  You taught me about protection... by the way you guarded the kids.  You taught me about love - by your unconditional love you demonstrated for all of us every day.  You taught me about compassion... by the time I had a miscarriage and you jumped up on the bed and lay by me as I cried.  You taught me about forgiveness... if we left you home alone all day - you would still run to the door to green us with your tail wagging.  You taught me about passion... by the way you would stare intently at that frisbee until someone picked it up and threw it for you... and about focus... by the way you couldn't think about anything else if the frisbee, ball or stick was around.  You were my first baby.  I used to feel guilty that I had to leave you in the car when I would run into the grocery or post office... but I would bring you into the school where I used to work in Breckenridge on the weekends.  I couldn't bear the thought of you laying at home alone.  We used to go on some massive snow walks.  You would get snow caked into your paws and then lay down and chew it out... then get up and gallop through the snow again.  You and I logged many miles together my friend... you helped me walk off baby weight three different times... and let those kids hug you, and pull on your tail without ever a snarl or a snap.  You understood.  And you were so so very smart.  And so loyal.  
We used to let you out to go potty and if we forgot about you for 10 minutes.. there you were waiting patiently in the window.  Kaya.  I love you so much.  Thank you for teaching me so many life lessons.. I  miss you... I miss you every night when I dont have to step over anyone in my bedroom... and every time I clean up crumbs from under the kids chairs.  I miss you sweet face laying on the steps when I go upstairs early in the morning... and I miss your bark when someone arrives at the door.  
I will always love you.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't believe I forgot to mention her sugar addiction. In her lifetime she ate at least the following...
    One dozen krispy kream donuts.
    One half of an entire carrot cake.
    Several loaves of banana bread.
    Countless crumbs and plates left unattended near ground level.
    and probably a few secret things she snatched that I never even knew about... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, that was a beautiful tribute to Kaya. I know how much you loved her and even said lately you had time to lay on the floor and snuggle with her and pet her and give her extra love. When I am on a walk and I see a big stick, I think of Kaya. She had great expectations and wanted the biggest stick to carry proudly around. She had a great life and was loved by many.

    ReplyDelete