Marathon Mom

Marathon Mom
The FAB FOUR...

Sunday, August 14, 2011

School starts this week!!!

I am extra excited about school starting this year... for obvious reasons.  Livi starts second grade this year, she got the teacher we've never heard of - but is in class with two of her buddies, so we're excited about that.  Jack is starting preschool again - and Ellee is going to preschool one day/week as well... do you knwo what that means?  I will have THREE hours to myself every week!  Not to mention 8 additional hours with just Ellee to run errands.  She's a piece of cake to run errands with compared to taking all three of them to the store with me like I've done all summer.  Truly theres not a whole lot I HAVE to do.  I dont have to browse around the bookstore, I dont have to go get coffee, I dont have to go shopping or go get a bagel... but I can't wait!
The balance of mommy time is perfect when school starts.  I get to still do all my mom duties... making meals, snuggles at bedtime, hearing about their fun days they've had... but we all get a little space away from each other... Jack and Olivia get along so much better with a little space - and I feel so refreshed when I can get everything done  in peace.
Now for the end of summer... we've had a fabulous summer.  It started off with a bang.  June was awesome.  We've done swimming lessons all summer.  I taught baby swim for Ellee and Jack and Olivia took lessons afterward and everyone made lots and lots of progress.  Olivia wouldn't even put her face in at the beginning of summer... now she can jump off the diving board and swim across the pool.  Jack can float on his back for 8 seconds and while he expends a lot of energy "swimming" he still can't get anywhere yet - but he's made tons of progress.  Ellee has no problem going under water.  She was the model student in my baby swim class... always with a huge grin on her face and exclaiming loudly "Again, Again!"   We also swam in our neighborhood pool a LOT in June.  Not sure what else we did besides swimming.... went to the zoo, had playdates, went to the lake... but mostly we swam.  July was exciting in the beginning... 4th of July party, Ellee and Jack's birthdays, then Chris's bday... but then the massive heat wave hit.  I mean... it was over 100 degrees for like 2-3 weeks.  It felt like we were snowed in.  We did a lot of indoor playdates... and it got old... fast!  I started wishing for school.  August has been great... great weather... we are getting dozens and dozens of tomatoes from our garden - (Chris's garden) but the kids love to go help him water his tomatoes... We've had Lotawana Day, where we broke the world noodle record,,, the Kenney Chesney concert, wine tasting (for us only!)  Olivia's had book club, girl scout camp, handwriting camp, drama  camp, gymnastics class, family reunion on Chris's side, all sprinkled together with plenty of golf for Chris (once for me) birthday parties, fireworks and lots of popcicles... it has been a great summer... but all good things must end - and I'm ready!

Here we come school :)  I'm so excited to go browse around a bookstore with a iced latte :)

No comments:

Post a Comment