Marathon Mom

Marathon Mom
The FAB FOUR...

Tuesday, December 24, 2013



WOW!  I have really fallen off the blog bandwagon!  I went on here to see if my blog even existed anymore and... surprise!! It's still here!! So I decided to pick up where I left off.  Hmmm.. lets see, I think I was 33 weeks pregnant last I wrote.. I can explain... lets see... Oh right!!
Introducing Brooks Christopher Palmer... Arrived March 15th in a rush with no time for an epidural... and thats about how it's been ever since!! NO TIME for an epidural, or anything that I might need!  
But turns out, you dont NEED an epidural, it just makes things more pleasant!   HA!
Ok so enough about my grueling labor.  And on to life with 4 kids!! OMG... I had NO idea how much my love could keep expanding for each child... I am so humbled that God has trusted me to raise four of his babies.  I also had no idea how much work it would be!! I mean, you can try and explain to someone that its the "motherload" (which is how a friend with four kids tried to warn me!) But you have no IDEA until you are living it.  The best way for me to explain is that its kind of like a hamster wheel.  I have to keep running what feels like in place (dishes, laundry, keeping seasonal clothes updated, getting outdated clothes in the bin for the next kid, buying weekly birthday gifts to buy for everyones birthday parties, spreadsheets at christmastime, getting groceries, making meals, cleaning up after meals, picking up toys, taking out the diaper trash..) You get the picture?  I have to keep running in place just to move forward one day at a time.  There is so much to do!! It's actually completely overwhelming and humbling that so many other women are out there doing this same thing.    All four of these children are precious gifts from God... Just look at them...


Here they are... the FAB FOUR.
Their spirits absolutely burst through the computer screen to me...

 My bathing beauties... just enjoying a day at the beach on a cold winter night...




They have so much fun together (sometimes) and fight like... well like siblings, the rest of the time!
Sometimes, like the photo above, it's so much fun... but a lot of the time I'm not taking pictures because I'm in over my head!  But... I feel like in the last few months I've begun to feel like I have my feet back under me.  Brooks (the perpetual mommas boy) seems to be easing up a bit, I am sleeping through the night most nights! (except tonight because I guess I'm so worked up that its christmas tomorrow!) And I  finally seem to have some time to take care of me.  REMEMBER ME??? I hardly can.  

OK OK so I usually dont look so dressed up... but I can tell you that I felt AMAZING when I dressed up that night, and so I am trying to make "taking care of me" more of a priority.  When you look good, you feel good.  Usually anyway.  The other thing that can make you feel good is... These guys...

or a weekend like this

Our 7 year anniversary "getaway" trip! 



OK so how was that for a catch up?  I'm back! And I'm hoping to write on here with my thoughts of inspiration because writing feeds something in my soul... and it helps me reflect on my life, and remember important things... the things I want to remember at least!  So thats it!! My deep thought for today is... MOMMA is better when she's taking care of herself!! Put your oxygen masks on first moms!


No comments:

Post a Comment